Beaver Scouts (6-8)
The 15th Bromley Beaver Scout Colony is the entry point for Scouting in Bickley. It provides fun, friendship and learning for 6-8 year old boys and girls.
Easily recognised by their distinctive turquoise sweatshirts, Beaver Scouts enjoy making friends, playing games, going on visits and helping others.
Beaver Scouting is about:
- Having fun
- Making friends
- Keeping the Promise
- Making progress
- Using a variety of groupings.
- Beaver Scouts participate in a Balanced Programme over a period of time. The emphasis has shifted from a badge and award driven culture to one that ensures that all young people experience a quality programme covering a wide range of subjects.
To help, the Balanced Programme is divided into a number of Programme Zones, methods and underlying ways of working.
For more information on this please see http://scouts.org.uk/home/
Beavers have the opportunity to complete challenges and gain badges. There are Membership and Joining In Badges to signify that a Beaver Scout has made their promise and has participated in the programme for a period of time.
The Challenge Badges and Activity Badges offer a variety of activities so that Beaver Scouts can develop personal interests and skills. The Challenges are optional and continue throughout the Sections providing continuity from 6 to 25.
There are 12 Activity badges specially designed for the Beaver Scout section, along with the six Staged badges.
- Group Scout Leader – Lee Hawley
- Beaver Leader – Jason Tinklin
- Assistant Beaver Leader – Karen Tinklin
- Assistant Beaver Leader – Katherine Adams
- Young Leader – Rosa Tinklin
- Group Chairman – Michael Furnival
- Group Treasurer – Neil Smith
- Assistant Group Treasurer – Steve Adams
- Training Advisor – Lee Hawley
- Website – Doug Marshall